Everybody loves this question. But why? Be honest…how many times have you received it before this whole COVID-19 situation? What about at the moment?
I think it’s just a phrase that we use over and over again. It’s almost like right now, we compare our current plans with the ones that we used to have before this outbreak, which isn’t exactly the best thing to do.
Recently, I read this book – A Weekend to Change YOUR Life. Find Your Authentic Self After a Lifetime of Being All Things to All People - which has the following concept: take a solo retreat to get more in touch with your authentic self. So... what better time than now?
It’s the weekend. Do something that your future self will thank you for!
Meditate – quiet the mind and the soul will speak
- Understand your own mind. On your first day, start with only two minutes and you can increase it day by day.
- Don’t stress on where to meditate. If you feel like staying in the middle of the kitchen for two quiet minutes, just do it.
- It’s better to meditate in the morning.
- Count your breaths and don’t be afraid to let your mind wander. Just make sure to return to your breath.
- Smile when you’re done.
Write – you can make anything by writing
Someone said that we write to taste life twice, once in the moment and once in retrospect.
We can all agree on something. Writing is hard. Sometimes, getting the first sentence on paper can be one of the most difficult challenges anyone can face, regardless if they are a writer or not.
- Write your most beautiful memory. If you don’t know where to start, start in the middle.
- Commit to a title upfront.
- Allow yourself to write badly.
- Make up the story as you go.
- Read more about writing. Everyone has an advice to give nowadays.
Exercise – it’s not always easy, but it’s always worth it
I can’t say that everyone loves working out, but we can definitely learn how to enjoy it. The secret is to choose what activity/exercise you like doing the most.
- Make a plan and set realistic goals.
- Stay hydrated.
- Warm up.
- Listen to your body. Don’t over exhaust yourself.
- Stay motivated.
Cook – bring soul to a recipe
I recently discovered that I actually know how to cook. Ok, maybe I don’t know how to make fancy or complicated masterpieces, but I can work something out with some pasta and a couple of avocados.
- Start small with some easy recipes.
- Make sure your work area is clean.
- There are lots of cooking chefs that are explaining various recipes with video.
- Pour yourself a glass of wine.
- Even if you just scrambled an egg, you’re on the right path.
Watch what your heart desires – not an episode a week, more like a season a day kinda person
- Watch the films that won Oscars for best picture. You won’t regret it.
- “One World: Together At Home” – the latest virtual concert with some of your favorite singers out there.
- Your favorite podcasts.
- Have online meetings with your friends and colleagues.
- Binge watch your favorite movies and tv shows.
Learn more about how to enjoy the moment we are in right now. It’s all about the power of presence.