Mazars Deal Advisory specialises in selling businesses for private business owners, financial institutions and corporates. Our team’s aim is delivering outstanding results for our clients – finding strategic buyers that can deliver the most attractive price and structure within a desired timescale.
For a private business owner we understand that selling a business can be a huge and difficult step to take – we have significant experience of helping our clients through that complex emotional journey and we work closely with our tax colleagues to ensure that a holistic approach is taken to shareholders value drivers.
We have a simple four step approach to success:
- Effective planning and preparation – we don’t want any nasty surprises;
- Effective presentation of the opportunity – identifying the strategic opportunities for buyers
- Identifying and accessing the strategic buyers; and
- Attention to detail – value can be easily lost within a deal process.
Mazars is a global business with significant deal experience across the full range of trading sectors. Through many years of experience, we have developed a thorough understanding of acquirers’ requirements across the world and across sectors, and this knowledge is maintained in our proprietary acquirer database. We use this knowledge to produce targeted lists of strategic trade buyers and financial purchasers.
We use the competitive dynamics of auction processes and lead negotiations to find you the best price, deal structure and most appropriate buyer, managing the entire process from sales through to legal completion.
How can we help you?
- Spend time with you to gain an in-depth understanding of your business, so we can highlight its strengths to buyers and address any weaknesses;
- Help prepare the company for sale to achieve maximum value - we know what buyers look for when purchasing and use this knowledge to shape businesses we are selling;
- Prepare professional marketing material on your business to promote the opportunity to potential buyers;
- Identify potential purchasers using a blend of research, our knowledge of the M&A market and our proprietary intermediary marketing contact base. We look for two things from a buyer – strategic interest and the financial strength to complete a purchase;
- We market your business internationally through CFXB, our international M&A platform;
- We manage buyer interest and screen for the most appropriate buyer;
- Negotiate the best deal – our focus is not only on the headline price, but on the detailed terms and conditions that determine your outcome;
- Project manage the transaction process on your behalf;
- Provide you with partner-led advice from start to finish; and
Liaise with your lawyers and the other parties involved in the transaction to achieve a timely completion.