National domestic tax
National domestic tax
Amid an evolving landscape of tax policies and legislation, our team of tax experts can assist you to remain compliant.
Mazars’ local team of tax experts works with companies and private clients operating in single or multiple jurisdictions to ensure compliance with tax legislation and the necessary reporting requirements.
Whether you are a small business owner or a large corporate, our extensive knowledge of Romanian tax matters means we are perfectly placed to help you.
Our team has the technical expertise and specialised know-how to provide individual services and bespoke planning so you can effectively manage your tax.
Our specialists can offer you support in the following areas:
Corporate Income Tax
- Monitoring legislation and highlighting developments relevant to your business;
- Providing day-to-day tax advice with respect to the tax treatment of expenses and revenues at the level of the company;
- Reviewing profit tax computations and tax returns;
- Identifying potential tax incentives available for your business and providing assistance with their implementation thereof (e.g. reinvested profit, R&D incentives);
- Performing specific analysis of the fiscal treatment applicable to different situations, such as:
- Financial and operational lease;
- Revaluation reserves;
- Accounting and fiscal depreciation;
- Allowances for receivables;
- Setting-up and reversal of provisions.
Given the high number of taxes applicable in Romania, many companies struggle to fulfil all their obligations, thus being subject to the Romanian Tax Authorities’ audits which, more often than not, result in additional taxes, to which fines and penalties are applicable.
Our team can assist you with:
- Identifying all local taxes relevant to your business;
- Assessing the amounts due and filing of the relevant local tax returns;
Tax registration in Romania
The first step in establishing your relationship with the tax authorities is by registering with the competent tax authority.
Subject to the activity to be performed and your legal status, you have to declare and pay certain taxes and contributions in Romania. Therefore, our team can offer you assistance in the following areas:
- Tax registration or assistance in the course of your registration;
- Registration of permanent establishments;
- Registration for VAT purposes in Romania;
- Registration of the secondary places of business;
- Advice on the tax requirements for start-ups.