Jan Kochta Partner
Areas of expertise
Special sector knowledge
- Technology, media & telecommunications
- Public & social sector
- Transport & logistics
- Since 2016 Mazars Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
- 2011 - 2016 PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal
- 2009 - 2011 T-Systems International, Legal Department
- 2008 - 2009 LLM in International Trade and Commercial Law at the University of Durham (UK)
- 2006 - 2008 International Law Firm, Paris and London
- 2004 - 2006 Legal Internship (German ‘Rechtsreferendariat’) in Dresden and Paris
- 1998 - 2003 Law Studies at the University of Dresden, Germany
Jan Kochta joined Mazars with his team in 2016, responsible for IT and IP Law legal advice. In addition, he further focuses on advising in corporate and commercial law.
Before joining Mazars, he worked for many years as a lawyer in international law firms and companies, most recently at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Jan Kochta advises national and international companies and groups and the public sector across all industries, particularly cross-border structures and transactions, contractual structuring and realization of IT/IP projects, and innovative systems and business models.
He has expertise in licensing law and models, know-how protection, IT outsourcing, procurement of IT services, digitalization projects, and trademark law. Jan Kochta has been a permanent member of the BITKOM working group on ICT contracts and legal structuring for many years.
He is the Global Leader of Mazars’ Legal Service Line and is the contact person for Mazars' international legal services. Jan Kochta also represents our company on the Management Board of Marcalliance, our global alliance of lawyers with 22 independent member firms and over 820 professionals at 53 locations worldwide.
Professional memberships and other roles
- Global Leader Legal Service Line
- Member of the Management Board of Marcalliance
- BITKOM (Germany’s Digital Association)
- Durham University Law Society