Tax credits and incentives can be a major driver of growth for businesses, supporting their innovation and R&D initiatives. Our team can assist you in identifying these programs, as well as other potential sources of financing.
When it comes to investments and location selection, tax credits and incentives can often be a deciding factor. Governments around the world offer incentives to companies that choose to do business in their jurisdiction. Finding and securing such incentives often requires knowledgeable advice and technical guidance.
Our team can provide a full-time assistance during such processes, starting with a preliminary analysis of the eligibility criteria and up to drafting the application papers, ensuring a permanent coordination with the relevant authorities.
We work closely with our clients throughout their tax year to access assistance programs and process tax credit applications in due time.
Tax incentives have become particularly vital amid the uncertainty triggered by the Covid-19 pandemic, which has led governments worldwide to expand tax incentive programs to cushion the economic impact. Our Covid-19 Global Tax and Law Tracker, launched at the onset of the pandemic, includes credit and incentives from 75 countries worldwide, including Romania, and can be accessed here.
Our dedicated team of tax professionals will guide you through the process of claiming available tax credits and incentives. We advise on the tax incentives that are right for your business and its business plan. Our team has extensive contacts with the authorities as well as the expertise in compliance, reporting, and local follow-up requirements needed to secure your benefits.
- Preliminary analysis of the eligibility criteria and the cost-benefit ratio of the envisaged tax incentive;
- Claim planning to maximize legitimate use of credits and incentives:
- withholding tax credits;
- tax holiday for reinvested profit;
- tax exemption for R&D / software development activities;
- tax credits for electronic fiscal cash registers;
- discounts for net equity position.
- Drafting applications, project descriptions, and financial data summaries to support claims;
- Follow-up with the Romanian authorities to ensure benefits materialize.
Our teams include staff who have worked with local taxation authorities who can provide a unique perspective.